A Wise Man's Decision


A wise man's decision
There was a rich man living in a small town.
Although he was rich, he was living a simple life.
He had two sons and a daughter. He lost his wife,
when his youngest child was barely three years
old. But, however he never let his children feel,
the absence of their mother. He tried his best to
fulfil the desire of his children. Not only that, he
often spoke to them moral based stories, so that
their foundation would be strong enough to carry
them forward. Time passed away so quickly, that
he couldn't realise, that he was already in old
age. By that time, all his children were grown up.
One day his eldest son came to him and asked
politely, 'Papa, I have some discussion with you.
Will you please spare some time for that?'
His father happily agreed. His son started, 'Papa,
I was thinking long time before to talk to you, but
I never got courage to ask you. But I can't resist
myself without clearing my doubt. Please forgive
me, if it hurts you. Actually I felt a little bit weird
two days before when you refused that man to
give some money although you know him very
well. A known person asking means, he must be
badly in need of that. Otherwise why should he
ask you? Besides that, you never allowed us to
spend money lavishly, even though you have
enough. Is there any cause behind it?'
His father smiled and patted his back fondly.
After a little pause, he began, 'Son, in my life I
have learnt three things. First: never borrow
money from others. Second: spend the money
strategically. Third: never lie or dishonest to any
one.'
Let me tell you something about me which I never
told you before because I didn't feel it's
importance.
'We were not rich thirty years before. I was the
only son of my parents. My father was earning
very little, on daily wages basis. I spent a hard
life in my childhood. When my mom was sick, dad
spent whatever money he had. The worst part
was, when he had no more savings left, he was
bound to borrow money from others. Day by day,
situation became bad to worse. Eventually, the
amount became so high, he couldn't repay it and
due to that stress, he died in heart attack. I was
just an onlooker. I was helpless. I left my study
incomplete and started working. However, with
God's grace, I got married to your mom, who
helped me, till to her death. Because of her co-
operation I could save money. Since, I had seen
the acute problem of my dad, I promised that day
onwards, that whatever may come, I would save
money. That doesn't mean that I am a miser. I
do spend money, but only when it is required.
Whatever you have now, is the achievement of my
hard work.p
So, obviously I don't want my money to be spoilt.
The man about whom you are talking, has already
taken money from me twice, but never returned
me that. It seems he has a habit of easy way of
earning money by borrowing from others. If he
wants, he can sustain himself by doing some
work. I don't want to encourage his lethargic
attitude which will put him in to trouble in future.
I didn't hurt him rather I helped him. Eventually,
he will be forced to do some work.'
'For your second question, before answering, I
want to tell you a short story, if you don't mind,'
said the rich man to his son.
As the son was eager to know the reason, he
nodded his head and said, 'Yes, Papa, go on.'
The father continued, 'It is a story from the great
epic Mahavarat. Once, Pandavas were in short of
rice grains, while they were banished for twelve
years. Yudhisthir (the eldest among the five
Pandavas) couldn't find any solution. At last he
decided to send his brother Bhimsen to Kuvera
Dev, asking his help. So he asked Bhimsen to go
to Kuvera Dev (God of wealth) and deliver his
message. All the four Pandavas were very loyal to
their elder brother Yudhisthir. So, Bhim carried
out his order instantly. When he reached over
Kuvera Dev's place, he was utterly surprised,
looking at an amazing situation. He noticed from
a distance, that Lord Kuvera was busy in picking
up grains from the ground. He was stunned and
thought himself, 'The person, who is picking up
the grains from the ground, would ever be able to
spare a huge amount of rice grain to any one!!!'
However, it was an order from his elder brother,
he had no choice left. So, hesitantly he proceeded
towards Kuvera Dev and with respect, delivered
the message given by Yudhisthir. When Kuvera
saw Bhimsen, the second Pandava, he was very
much delighted.
After a long sweet conversation, Varuna Dev bid
farewell to Bhim and arranged a bullock cart, fully
loaded with rice grain sacs to carry with him.
Bhim was surprised at Kuvera Dev's humble and
kind behaviour. Then he started his return
journey.
After passing few yards, he found the road ahead
was so extremely muddy. It was impossible for
the bullock cart to pass through that particular
area. So he came back to Kuvera Dev, and told
him about the difficulties.
Kuvera was cool when he heard the problem of
Bhim. He smiled at him and said, 'Oh, Bhim!
What for you are so much panicked? Do one
thing, drop one or two sacks of grain on that mud
and run the cart through it.'
Bhim was surprised and stood silently for few
seconds. He couldn't believe himself that the
same person, who was picking up grains, could
suggest him to throw sacs of rice grain. However,
he departed from Kuvera Dev and followed his
advice. After reaching at home, he narrated the
whole scenario to his elder brother and expressed
his own feeling about Kuvera Dev.
Yudhisthir could well understand the plight of
Bhim. He smiled at him and said, 'It is so simple
Bhim. Kuvera Dev is a noble person. He taught
you a lesson, that even a single grain should not
be wasted, because it has it's own value. Hence,
he was picking up the grains which was scattered
on the ground. But, when the time demands,
throw sacks of grains if it is required without any
hesitation, understood? That was his principle.'
Bhim realised his mistake and felt ashamed.'
The father looked at his son's face after finishing
his story. He again continued, 'If I would not use
my money strategically, maybe, I would not be
able to take care of you three properly. Neither I
spent the money extravagantly nor I allowed you
three to do the same. None of you have stood up
in your own feet till now, and the source of
income is only one, you know that better. It is
beyond my morality that in future, if ever money
will be required for you, I have to depend upon
some one to help. That I don't prefer at all, and
you know what? Whoever it may be, a millionaire
or a billionaire, if he goes on spending money
lavishly without any earning and saving, he will
become a pauper, there is no doubt of it. Besides
that, once you will be habituated with a luxurious
life, it is very difficult to adjust to simple life.
Because money has no guarantee. If today you
are rich, tomorrow who knows, what will be your
condition? So it is better to live a simple life and
enjoy your time luxuriously sometime. Control
your money, spend it wisely and live like a king.
Hopefully, I have answered your questions. Of
course, I am not sure whether you are satisfied or
not,' uttered his father.
The son stood up, nodded his head happily,
indicating that he was quite happy. He left the
place with a smile.
Nobody has seen tomorrow. The man gave some
hints of good and bad time of life, which is likely
possible for anyone. How far his children acquired
that hints, God knows! Of course, choice is yours,
which way you want to live your life, spend
money lavishly or spend it wisely!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freebitco.in Low balance Script (free)

Script V 1.9 (Multiply BTC)

Scripts Link(free)